Milling and Paving Project UpdateJune 17, 2020
What’s happening next week? 6/22 – 6/27
- Concrete crews are scheduled to continue to form and pour new curb and gutter on Evans from 3rd Ave to 2nd Ave
- Concrete crews are scheduled to continue pouring driveways Installation of a new waterline on 3rd Ave between Evans and Railroad is scheduled to continue
- Crews are scheduled to continue backfilling behind the new curb and gutter and regrading driveways
- Crews are scheduled to continue reconstructing the roadway subgrade at 4th Ave & Railroad then continuing on Evans Ave to 3rd Ave
- Asphalt removal on 2nd Ave from Evans to Park is scheduled to start
- Asphalt placement is scheduled to start this week on 4th Ave at Park and continue along Evans to 3rd Ave
With asphalt removal starting this week on 3rd Ave., between Railroad and Evans, no on-street parking will be accommodated for this area until the project is complete. There may also be some short delays with access to the Post Office while crews work in this area; we suggest parking on Railroad to access the post office. One way traffic pattern will be in place along the curve at 4th and Evans. Traffic will only be allowed to travel west/north along the curve between Park Ave to the end of the curve later this week. This is to allow safe travel through this narrow section until asphalt and striping are complete. Please adhere to the traffic signage.
As a continued reminder, this is an active construction zone and please stay out of the roadway when work is occurring, especially children!Safety tip!
– There are open trenches as new storm drain and waterlines are being installed. Please stay clear from the edge of the trenches as there is a fall hazard as well as the sides of the trench can cave in.
Weekly updates for this project can be found at townoflyons.com/pave