Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Town of Lyons and the Lyons' Arts and Humanities Commission (LAHC) invites artists to submit high-quality, original art and sculpture for its newly expanded heARTS of LYONS Outdoor Arts Collection--all over town.
This perennial arts collection is an exciting celebration of art and sculpture displayed outdoors throughout the charming mountain town of Lyons, Colorado. Small but mighty Lyons (population 2000) is an arts-rooted destination noted for its music, artists and beautiful setting in the Rocky Mountains’ foothills. Each year the rare franchise-free charm of Lyons lures thousands of visitors from all over the world to stop and linger on their way to and from Rocky Mountain National Park.
This rotating collection is designed to be a compelling parade of art that escorts travellers through the Town of Lyons while enticing return visits.
$750 (in two installments; see details below)
The LAHC will select submissions based on the work's conceptual strength, originality, workmanship, and regard for public safety.
Note: The region often experiences high wind gusts and long spans of dry heat with hot sun.
Applications are open to artists from across the U.S.; first preference, however, is given to those from the western states, especially Colorado.
Welcome are the diverse perspectives of all peoples.
Open to all professional and amateur sculptors and artists of all backgrounds.
All art genres, materials and substrates are eligible for consideration.
Individual artists may submit up to 3 pieces per $30 submission fee. Please include at least 3 high-quality images (showing views from different angles) per piece, as well as all dimensions of each piece, and a weight estimate, if possible.
• Selected art will be on display for a required period of two years.
• A stipend of $750 is delivered in two installments; half up front and half upon completion of the two-year contract.
• The Town of Lyons will affix weather-resistant placards with the work's title and artist’s contact information to the mounting stone of each artwork.
• The mounting stone and placement site of each artwork will be provided for and determined by the Town of Lyons.
• A walking art tour map will be posted on the town's information kiosk and available at the Visitors' Center and at businesses throughout town. The map will be also be easily viewable on the Town of Lyons' website and via key social media outlets.
• Information will also be shared regionally with the nearby towns of Boulder, Estes Park, Allenspark, Longmont, and other communities.
• Several pieces of art in Lyons has been sold to collectors, who viewed the pieces while on display in town. If you wish your art to be not for sale (NFS), or if you'd like more information on LAHC's Special Legacy Designation, for permanently donated works of art, please let us know.
• Amplify the natural beauty of the Town of Lyons with a regular rotation of high-quality art
• Stimulate interest in the arts, artists and art education
• Bolster diverse cultural awareness and aesthetic enrichment in the area
• Serve as an economic development driver by compelling visitors to linger longer in and experience all that Lyons has to offer
• Enhance street appeal, provide wayfinding touchstones, and expand points of pride for local residents, restaurants and businesses
• Give exposure to augment the finances of artists
Please direct any questions to LAHC Staff Liaison, Arielle Hodson, AHodgson@townoflyons.com
Applicants may submit up to three (3) different pieces for LAHC consideration, per $30 submission fee. Payment information below.
If none, please write N/A in the field
If different than mailing address
Please list all materials used
Please provide a brief artist statement and any biographical information you'd like us to have.
Please submit at least 3 high-quality images, showing views from different angles. Acceptable file types: pdf, doc, jpg, zip, png, psd, ai, svg.
Enter a title for submission #2
Enter a title for submission #3
Are you donating any of your submissions to the Town of Lyons/LAHC, to be included as a Legacy piece?Legacy: Artist / Lender decides to permanently donate work to the Town of Lyons for display without honorarium payment in exchange for special Legacy Plaque designation. More information can be found in the Artist/Lender Agreement for Display of Outdoor Public Art in Lyons, link above.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field