This year, the Sustainable Futures Commission is sponsoring the Lyons RecycleMAYnia Spring Clean.The RecycleMAYnia Spring Clean annual cleanup day is at the Wastewater Treatment Plant, Saturday, May 18, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Lyons utility bills are not necessary to participate; area residents are welcome to bring items for recycling, donation, and disposal. The goal of this event is reduce landfill items by providing responsible disposal of items that otherwise could not be recycled locally.For information on what will be accepted, including a price list, visit: lyonscolorado.com/SpringClean
Along with the items on the price list below, the following will also be accepted:
Thrift items will not be accepted.
- Building and large household materials
- Outdoor play equipment
- Outdoor furniture
- Working appliances that can be repurposed
- Lawn mowers with gas and oil removed from engines
The following hazardous waste items will be accepted:
As part of Spring Clean Up Day, residents may bring tree limbs (which will be chipped to mulch, by the County Forester) and/or yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, etc).
But, if you can’t get your tree limbs to Spring Clean Up Day on Saturday, May 18, there will be another opportunity in June (date TBD) for a tree limb pickup.
The following criteria must be met, to be eligible for the curbside limb pickup in June:
- Chippable limbs only -- limbs and brush. No grass, loose yard waste, compost.
- Limbs must be less than 6" diameter, ideally, closer to 3" (baseball width).
- No construction debris or treated lumber.
- Limbs cut as straight as possible, laid cut end toward the curb.
- Neighbors are requested to consolidate piles where possible.
Please join us in these reducing, reusing, and recycling efforts, as we strive toward a more sustainable Lyons!