Curbside Collection of Tree Limbs
Beginning week of August 9th | Town of Lyons
The Town of Lyons has hired a contractor to pick up tree limbs for Town residents ONLY beginning the week of August 9th.
They will be starting on the Northeast side of Town in the Stone Canyon area working to the Northwest side of Town ending in Eagle Canyon moving to the Southwest side of town (Prospect, Meily) to Southeast side of Town ending in the Lyons Valley Park Area.
• Branches and limbs ONLY. No grass, weeds, loose yard waste, or compost.
• No construction debris or treated lumber. No nails or wire in limbs. No other trash. It will not be picked up.
• Limbs and branches should be placed curbside by 7:00 am on August 9th in order to be picked up some time that week. Contractor will not be returning to areas once they have passed through so be sure to have your limbs out by 7:00 am on the 9th!
• Limbs should be cut as straight as possible. Limbs must be less than 6" diameter and all cuts facing the same direction. Toward the street if possible.
• Place limbs into REASONABLE size stacks. Neighbors are requested to consolidate where possible.
• Limbs should be placed off the sidewalk. Please work to ensure that no obstacles interfere with the pickup of the limb pile by the loader and chipper. Do not park in front of your limb pile. Municipal code prohibits placing items in the street.
• Limbs will not be collected in alleys. Even if your trash/recycling collection occurs in an alley, you must place limbs curbside in front of your property for pick-up.
• Any limbs not placed at the curb before August 9th will not be collected and will be the responsibility of the homeowner to dispose of.
The town is working with Lyons Prepared, Boulder County and Wildfire Partners on another event for fire mitigation. Stay tuned for more details.