Boulder County Fire Updates
MON OCT 19
The Town of Lyons and the Lyons Fire Protection District wants to ensure that our community has the most up to date information regarding the local fires.
It was a reasonably quiet night here and we hope everyone got some rest. Firefighters Vasel, Stambaugh and Gubler from the Lyons FIre Protection District attended the #CalWood fire briefing this morning and here is the update.
All evacuation warnings for the Town of Lyons, Lyons Park Estates and all parts North of 7 and West/South of 36 still stand. As a reminder, an evacuation warning means to be prepared to leave at a moment's notice.
The types of wildfires we have, can involve fast moving and escalating fires.
If it changes to an evacuation order, then residents should leave immediately.
Lyons Fire crews are working on the fire today as well as keeping an eye on the Lyons Park Estates area. They will also have a crew in town for any additional fire district needs.
This incident is now being managed by a Type 2 team, which allows Lyons Fire to maintain focus on the town and fire district.
Please continue to pay attention to the public information releases and briefings.
1. The best way to be notified if a future evacuation may happen is to sign up with Boulder County Alert System. Take a few minutes and take care of this today!
2. The CalWoodFire is now on Inciweb. Please consider this reliable resource for fire information.
3. The Boulder Office of Emergency Management continues to update their website with important fire information.
4. For those residents who are unable to get to their homes (up Highway 7) due to the road closures, the Lyons Post Office has notified the Town that they will hold their mail.
We continue to remind all residents in the Town of Lyons to please sign up for the Boulder County emergency messaging system. Let your friends and neighbors know about this alert service.
Road status AS OF NOW
- US 36: Closed from Neva Rd to intersection with Highway 66 Lyons
- US 7: Closed between Old S St Vrain in Lyons and Highway 72
- US 34: Open west of Loveland through Big Thompson Canyon to Estes Park
The status of these roadways can change at any time.
Let's continue to take care of each, be prepared and stay safe!