Cal-wood Fire in Boulder County
The Town of Lyons is in constant communication with Boulder County Sheriff's Office and Lyons Fire Protection District regarding the Cal-wood Fire, near Jamestown in Boulder County. Lyons Fire Protection District and the Town of Lyons wants to ensure that our community has the most up to date information possible regarding the Cal-wood Fire.
As of this evening, Saturday October 17th, there are no evacuations within the Town limits of Lyons.
Please read the following important updates:
1. The best way to be notified if a future evacuation may happen is to sign up with Boulder County Alert System https://www.bouldercounty.org/safety/emergency/emergency-mass-notification-system/
2. Westbound HWY 66 is currently closed. Lyons residents will need an ID to get pass the road block.
3. Eastbound HWY 66 remains open
and available for exit, should anyone want to leave.
4. US-36, Foothills Highway
is closed from Lyons to Boulder. HWY 7 from Lyons to the Peak to Peak is closed.
5. Lyons Park Estates, in unincorporated Boulder County, off of Red Gulch Rd has an evacuation order in place. Livestock and animals can be taken to the Boulder County Fairgrounds in Longmont. The evacuation check-in point set up in Boulder at 3460 N. Broadway - Boulder County's North Broadway Complex at Broadway and Iris.
6. Winds have calmed down and temperatures are forecast for the low 30's overnight. Firefighters hope that the calm winds and lower temperatures will help the current situation.
Boulder Office of Emergency Management wants to remind Town of Lyons residents, now is the best time to prepare
to evacuate should the fire change
. Preparedness is critical during these times and everyone can do their part. Our local volunteer community of Lyons Prepared has compiled a brochure of what to do to be prepared during wildfire season, and you can find the link here: Prepare for a Wildfire Wildfire.
And please sign up for the Boulder County emergency messaging systems.