Power Outage Important Update
Thursday, April 16 - 2 pm update
The Town of Lyons and the electric service contractor have located the issue with the power outage.
They have acquired the necessary the equipment to fix the issue. In order to safely fix the outage, they will need to turn off all power
in town for 2 - 3 hours later this afternoon while they repair a main line (east of the Town limits).
We anticipate all power (Town of Lyons customers) being turned off
between 3 and 3:30 pm, with no power town wide until 6 or 6:30 pm in order for repairs to be made and to restore power to everyone.
The following are suggestions for residents, knowing we that are also in the midst of a COVID pandemic and a winter snow storm.
- If you currently have power, warm up your house now before the power is turned off for the repair.
- Once the power is off, try not to open/close your refrigerator/freezer, so food stays cold.
- Open your cabinets around your sinks if you are worried about freezing pipes. We don’t anticipate an issue, but would prefer to try and prevent this.
- If you are currently without power and concerned about freezing pipes, turn on a sink inside your house allowing a trickle of water.
- Please turn off any power you currently do not need, to avoid a severe power surge when all power is returned later this afternoon after the repair is made.
Please do not call 911 regarding the power outage. Also, the Boulder County Sheriff Department has asked folks to not call the dispatch (non emergency) number regarding not having power at your home.
Town Hall is also without power, phones or internet. If you are in need of other immediate assistance or are unable to shelter in place at your home due to the full power outage please call the non-emergency dispatch number, 303.441.4444 to help direct you.
Public works staff are working with the contractor.
We know this is a challenging situation for all and appreciate your patience.
Please share this important update with your neighbors and friends.