Need a volunteer pick-up service?
Lyons Volunteers (LoV), in collaboration with Lyons Emergency & Assistance Fund (LEAF), is working on a plan for picking up essential items for at-risk area residents. Please let us know if you or someone you know has an urgent need for a service like this.
If you have an urgent need, please fill out a Help Request form on the Lyons Volunteers website. If you have family or neighbors who can meet your needs, that may be your best alternative, especially if they can consolidate trips and minimize close contact with others.
If you or someone you know still needs someone to get items, let us know so we can plan accordingly. At this time we are only assessing need. We can’t yet to commit to specific services until we understand the needs.
Any service would adhere to current recommended practices:
- Recipients will stay inside and volunteers will stay outside and practice social distancing (6+ feet apart from anyone in public)
- Hand washing, use of sanitizer and avoidance of contact with un-sanitized surfaces is essential.
- Volunteers will wear fresh gloves to minimize potential contamination
- Travel between communities should be held to a minimum.
- Use of paper money or coins is to be avoided. Pre-payment on-line or electronic payment such as PayPal is the alternative.
- We need adequate, but NOT EXCESSIVE supplies of food, medicine, and hygiene supplies.
- We all need to heed the instructions of public health officials as they develop.
For questions about this service, use the www.lyonsvolunteers.org help request form. Someone will respond to you by phone or e-mail. To serve as a volunteer, please email Volunteer@leaflyons.org.