Local Emergency Announcement
Update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The Town of Lyons is in close communication with the Boulder County Public Health Department and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) regarding COVID-19, more commonly known as the Coronavirus. The Town of Lyons issued a Local Disaster Emergency Proclamation on Friday, March 13.
In an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community, Town Hall and some public Town facilities will be closed to the public beginning March 13, 2020 through at least March 30, 2020. This schedule is subject to change, as the town will evaluate whether to reopen facilities to the public and resume normal operating hours after that time. Updates will be posted on the Town of Lyons website and via eblast.
Here’s what this closure means:
- Town buildings will be minimally staffed, with no public access. The public is asked to conduct business online, if feasible, or by phone.
- If you need to contact the Town, please call Town Hall at 303.823.6622. The phone will be staffed from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Town parks will remain open. However, groups of ten (10) or more shall not be permitted in public parks and patrons are encouraged to maintain separation of at least six (6) feet.
- All Town-operated public restrooms shall be closed until further notice.
- BOT, PCDC and Board of Adjustment (BOA) Meetings will be held remotely. Information will be posted on how the public will be able to attend and participate in these meetings.
- All other Town Board and Commission meetings are suspended until further notice.
- Municipal Court will be closed for the month of March and rescheduled or postponed until April.
- Town recreation programs and events are cancelled.
- Public meetings will not be allowed in any town facilities.
- Building inspections will continue by appointment only.
- Public Works & Utilities will operate as much as necessary, addressing essential functions such as streets, plowing operations, water, wastewater and electric services.
- Notary services at Town Hall will not be available until further notice.
- Pipe Water sales and hours will be limited and posted outside of Town Hall.
- The Town strongly urges businesses to offer sanitizer to patrons; increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfection for high-touched surfaces; maintain a distance of at least six (6) feet among patrons / parties; notify the Town if an employee tests positive for COVID-19; and explore ways to meet demand for home deliveries.
- Gatherings of more than ten (10) people are strongly discouraged (i.e. religious services, parties, business meetings, sporting and entertainment events). The Town reserves the right to cancel all public gatherings which present a threat to public health and safety upon notice to the organizer.
Information for The Board of Trustees Meeting on Monday, March 16th, 2020:
Due to the emergency declaration, the BOT Meeting will be held remotely.
The 5:30 PM workshop will be an update regarding Coronavirus. The BOT meeting will begin at 7:00 PM. The public may join the meetings via a video conference. Town Staff will be sending out a link to join the workshop and/or meeting via eblast and posting on the town website.