Social Media Disclaimer
The Town of Lyons uses public-facing social media accounts as a public service to responsibly engage residents to learn about needs and concerns, encourage relevant community input and conversations, and promote programs and services. Although our goal is to update the Town of Lyons' social media accounts regularly, the Town of Lyons' social media accounts may not be up-to-date or correct. Communication to the Town of Lyons through social media shall not be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose.
Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and subject to Town of Lyons policies and guidelines. The Town of Lyons does not endorse and disclaims liability for, comments, advertisements, videos, or external content provided by any external individual or organization. Inclusion of external posts on the Town of Lyons' social media accounts does not imply endorsement of any opinions or views expressed therein by the Town of Lyons. The Town of Lyons reserves the right and may choose to reprint comments/materials placed on the social media websites to other media, such as on marketing materials and/or providing comments/materials to Town staff or the Board of Trustees in private or public settings.
The Town of Lyons' social media sites, including all comments and posts, may be subject to the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. § 24-72-101, et seq, and all other applicable local, state, and federal regulations. Any content displayed on these sites by either the Town of Lyons or any user is public record and subject to disclosure. All users who post or comment to any of the Town of Lyons' social media sites are bound by the sites’ respective usage agreements.
Social Media Posting and Commenting Policy
The Town of Lyons welcomes and encourages comments, questions, and other user-generated content from our residents and visitors. However, the Town of Lyons' social media accounts serve as a limited public forum for the designated purposes stated herein, and all content is subject to monitoring.
The following Posting and Commenting Policy applies to Town of Lyons social media accounts:
The Town of Lyons intends for its social media pages to be family friendly; please keep wall posts and comments consistent with this standard.
Town of Lyons’ use of external social media websites is provided as a public service. The Town disclaims liability for ads, videos, promoted content or comments accessible from any external web page. The responsibility for external content or comments rests with the organizations or individuals providing them. Any inclusion of external content or comments does not imply endorsement by the Town of Lyons.
The Town will not edit or alter posts or comments by citizens. However, the Town may close comments and/or remove comments that do not promote civil discussion. While we respect that our social media users will have differing opinions, we reserve the right and will hide comments/materials from Town social media accounts when those comments/materials, in the Town’s sole discretion, are:
- Obscene, profane, explicit, or racist language;
- Potentially libelous statements, personal attacks, threats, harassment, insults, or language inciting violence;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, military service, sexual orientation, or political party;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Comments not topically related to the current thread;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Advertisements and solicitations for money or services.