Historic Preservation Commission Responsibilities
Lyons Municipal Code, Sec. 2-8-140
The Historic Preservation Commission shall have no more than seven (7) voting members and any number of appointed of non-voting members.
The powers and duties of the Historic Preservation Commission shall be as follows:
- Encourage and cultivate good stewardship and pride in owners of historic properties in the Town.
- Help property owners voluntarily preserve their historic landmarks.
- Promote heritage tourism.
- Create and maintain a registry of designated properties.
- Identify incentives available through the historic designation process.
- Collaborate with the PCDC and Economic Vitality Commission on historic preservation matters.
- Leverage technology, social media, and marketing to make a digital map of Lyons highlighting historic sites within Lyons.