Hoag, a miner, who died in 1888 is the 1st written evidence of a burial in the Lyons Cemetery. The oldest readable tombstone is engraved, “October 21, 1890, Son of Ella and D. Hartline.”
The non-profit Lyons Cemetery Association, organized in 1931 by John Lall, offered half-lot deeds for $15; deed number 1 was purchased August 19, 1932. In 1940, ownership of the donated cemetery land was verified and plotted. Since then many hours of volunteer labor have recorded burials, maintained the grounds, and assisted with interments.
Beginning in 2001, Diane Goode Benedict and Frances Brodie Brackett collected funeral home records, obituaries, and past cemetery records to create the following Lyons Cemetery Burial List 1888-2015 (PDF).