Lyons Primary Planning Area Master Plan Workshop
Apple Valley Area (Phase III)
Next Public Planning Workshop: Tonight, July 19, 2016
Continuing next week, the Town of Lyons, along with the hired consultant team, will move forward with its final series of public meetings for the Lyons Primary Planning Area (LPPA) Master Plan.
As part of this planning process, the LPPA has been broken out into three small areas: the Eastern Corridor & Gateway (Phase I -completed); South St. Vrain Area (Phase II); and Apple Valley (Phase III). Phase III will include 3 public workshops focused on the Apple Valley Planning Area. The LPPA includes parcels that are currently outside of Town limits, but within an area which has been designated as appropriate for future annexation and development according to the Boulder County – Town of Lyons 2012 Intergovernmental Agreement.
The workshop on July 18 will be the first workshop in this series.
The details are as follows:
What: Apple Valley Area Public Workshop
Where: River Church – 18668 N. St. Vrain Drive
Date: Tuesday, July 19
Time: Open House 4:30-5:30p.m.
Formal Meeting: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Online Public Feedback, FAQs, and Workshop Material
Can't make the workshop? A public forum is available on the LPPA page on the Town's website, to collect feedback and ideas for the Lyons Primary Planning Area Master Plan. Additionally, FAQs and the latest presentation materials from past workshops can be found on the website.
More on the LPPA & Planning Workshops >>
LPPA Public Forum >>
via Boulder County Sheriff's Office
County-Wide Fire Ban Amended
On Sunday, July 17, Sheriff Pelle amended the previously implemented fire ban to only ban open-burning in the mountains.
The amended fire ban prohibits
1) Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire on private and public lands in the mountain areas. This includes charcoal grills and barbecues, coal and wood burning stoves and sheepherder’s stoves and includes use in developed camping and picnic grounds. EXCEPTIONS: Devices using pressurized liquid or gas (stoves, grills or lanterns) that include shut-off valves are permitted when used in an area at least three feet or more from flammable material such as grasses or pine needles.
2) Smoking. EXCEPTIONS: Within an enclosed vehicle, trailer or building.
3) Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame.
4) Operating or using any internal combustion engine (e.g. chainsaw, generator, ATV) without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order meeting either: a) Department of Agriculture, Forest Service Standard 5100-1a; or b) Appropriate Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) recommended practice J335(b) and J350(a). 36 CFR § 261.52(j).
5) Operating a chainsaw without an approved spark arresting device as described in Prohibition #4, a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher (8 oz. capacity by weight or larger and kept with the operator), and a round point shovel with an overall length of at least 35 inches readily available for use.
6) Using an explosive. This includes but is not limited to fuses or blasting caps, fireworks, rockets, exploding targets, and tracers or incendiary ammunition.
7) Possessing or using a motor vehicle off established roads, motorized trails or established parking areas, except when parking in an area devoid of vegetation within 10 feet of the vehicle in the mountain area of Boulder County.